News


Port Said Tunnel to SCCT Opened

The opening of the Port Said tunnel, under the Suez Canal just south of Port Said last week is an important piece of the jigsaw required to position the Suez Canal Container Terminal (SCCT) as Egypt’s primary gateway terminal.

OceanPro Accelerates Tech Innovation

OceanPro by Maersk, the first of its kind startup accelerator within the shipping and logistics industry, announced the graduation of its second cohort of start-ups showcasing the artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) led solutions developed by them over the last 120 days.

Milorad Doljanin New CEO of Avenir LNG

UK-based small-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplier Avenir LNG announced that Milorad Doljanin will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer with effect December 13th, 2019.According to a press release from the shipping venture backed by Stolt-Nielsen,

LR Approves New LNG-Fueled VLCC Design

The UK-based maritime classification society Lloyd’s Register (LR) has granted approval in principle (AiP) to a quartet for an LNG-fueled VLCC design that uses a prismatic GTT Mark III membrane LNG tank.

ERSG Wins Asian Offshore Wind Contracts

Specialist energy recruiters for offshore wind, ERSG  has won a tender to be the sole supplier of fabrication management personnel to two undisclosed offshore wind farms in Asia.Additionally, the Wind

Hamburg Süd Launches Remote Container Management

All Hamburg Süd customers can use the new Remote Container Management (RCM) technology for their reefer container shipments. RCM monitors parameters such as temperature, relative humidity, and the concentrations of O2 and CO2 within the reefer container in real time.

New Hybrid Powered Cruise Ship Completes Sea Trials

Hurtigruten’s new hybrid battery powered expedition cruise ship MS Fridtjof Nansen has completed sea trials and will be completed earlier than expected. As a result, Hurtigruten is adding a series of shorter pre-inaugural voyages.

CMA CGM and Total to Develop LNG Ship Refueling in Marseille

Container shipping firm CMA CGM will use the French Mediterranean port of Marseille for refueling some of its planned gas-powered vessels, backed by a supply partnership with energy group Total.Total

Unifeeder Acquires Feedertech

Denmark’s Short-sea operator Unifeeder , part of the global port operator DP World, has acquired a 77% stake in The Feedertech Group, a Singapore-based feeder and shortsea operator.The Group’s Chairman, Ali Maghami, will retain the remaining 23% shareholding.

Odfjell Adds Navig8 Chemical Tankers

Navig8 Chemical Tankers, an international shipping company focused on the transportation of chemicals,  has agreed to enter four of its 25,000-dwt chemical tankers into a pool operated by the Norwegian tanker owner and operator Odfjell.

Diana Shipping Wins Ausca, Koch Charters

Diana Shipping  announced that, through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, it has entered into a time charter contract with Ausca Shipping Limited, Hong Kong, for one of its Kamsarmax dry bulk vessels, the m/v Myrsini.

CMA CGM Initiates Global Energy Coalition

Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the French container transportation and shipping company CMA CGM Group recommended that French President Emmanuel Macron initiate an international